Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New World in the Morning; Roger Whittaker

Today is April 13th 2011. It's 5 AM and I'm awake working in the posts that are blank.

When I first posted this song, I didn't know anything about Roger Whittaker. I don't know now much more than I knew before, but I'm appreciating this Anglo-Kenyan musician a lot! His ability in whistling is so enviable! And his songs are very bright! When I'm happy I come here just to sing and whistle this song with Whittaker. He is one of the best discovers I did thanks to this blog.

I don't know what you think about Whittaker's style (well, I don't think about style when I hear music). I just know he's a piece of gold and I can't stop to listen to this beautiful and optimistic song... :)


Everybody talks about a new world in the morning.
A new world in the morning so they say.
I, myself don't talk about a new world in the morning.

A new world in the morning, that's today.

And I can feel a new tomorrow comin' on.
And I don't know why I have to make a song.

Everybody talks about a new world in the morning.
New world in the morning takes so long.

I met a man who had a dream he had since he was twenty.

I met that man when he was eighty-one.
He said too many folks just stand and wait up til the mornin',
Don't they know tomorrow never comes?

And he would feel a new tomorrow comin' on.

And when he'd smile his eyes would twinkle up in thought.
Now everybody talks about a new world in the morning.
New world in the morning takes so long.And I can feel a new tomorrow coming on.
And I don't know why I have to make a song.

Now everybody talks about a new world in the morning.
New world in the morning takes so long.


No comments:

Post a Comment