Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Love You Because; Elvis Presley

Today I was here listening to the first studio album by Elvis wondering if some day the King would have recorded a song with whistling. His eponymous album (1956) contains many successes that immortalized him, as “Blue Suede Shoes”, “Blue Moon” and “Tutti Frutti”. This album is listed on the book “1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die” and that’s why I was listening to it (the book was a Christmas present :D) and recorded on it there is the song “I Love You Because”, which begins with a melancholic and depth whistling of our beloved Elvis Presley.

“I Love You Because” was composed by “the Blind Balladeer” Leon Payne at the end of 1949, inspired by his wife Myrtie. The song is one of Payne’s most successful hits. It was recorded by several artists (Jim Reeves, Al Martino, Johnny Cash...) but, apparently, it was only whistled for Elvis, and recorded two years before the release of his debut album*.

I love you because you understand, dear,
Every single thing I try to do.
You're always there to lend a helping hand, dear.
I love you most of all because you're you.

No matter what the world may say about me,
I know your love will always see me through.
I love you for the way you never doubt me.
But most of all I love you 'cause you're you.

No matter what may be the style or season,
I know your heart will always be true.
I love you for a hundred thousand reasons,
But most of all I love you 'cause you're you.



No comments:

Post a Comment