Monday, January 4, 2010

Lawyers in Love; Jackson Browne

Days ago I received a very nice e-mail from someone who really liked my blog and gave me a tip about a whistling song which I hadn’t posted yet. In fact, I never knew this song until the mail arrives. So I really have to thank Gulphora for write to me. ;D

“Lawyers In Love” was composed by the American country / rock / folk singer Jackson Browne. He born in Heidelberg, German, but moved to USA when he was 3 years old. (Would you believe if I said that there isn’t any article in Wikipedia in Portuguese language about Jackson Browne? For sure! But I’m providing it. ‘Cause this I’m learning a lot about his life and music, but I won’t share here. Bleh!)

This song, “Lawyers in Love”, which names the 1983 album by this fabulous songwriter, was released as a single and peaked at # 13 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 charts. The Rolling Stone magazine reviewed the album as “a significant change from the feckless hyperconfessionality of 1980's Hold Out ('Anyway, I guess you wouldn't know unless I told you ... but I love you!'), a welcome widening of perspective that allows Browne to escape, once and for all, the L.A. albatross that has hung around his neck for the last eleven years. Even though Lawyers in Love does send Browne into uncharted waters-where he occasionally sounds a bit lost-it nevertheless is a more nervy, intelligent LP than its predecessor.
Below you can see a Browne's actual picture, but in the song's video music he's like 27 years younger. ^^

I can't keep up with what's been going on
I think my heart must just be slowing down
Among the human beings in their designer jeans
Am I the only one who hears the screams
And the strangled cries of lawyers in love

God sends his spaceships to America, the beautiful
They land at six o'clock and there we are, the dutiful
Eating from TV trays, tuned into to Happy Days
Waiting for World War III while Jesus slaves
To the mating calls of lawyers in love

Last night I watched the news from Washington, the capitol
The Russians escaped while we weren't watching them, like Russians will
Now we've got all this room, we've even got the moon
And I hear the U.S.S.R. will be open soon
As vacation land for lawyers in love





--
edit: Jackson Browne's Portuguese Wikipedia article

No comments:

Post a Comment