Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Whistling Song; Meat Puppets

"The Whistling Song" by Meat Puppets is one of the most known songs with whistling in the music. It took one and a half year for me to post it because the band's name reminds me The Muppets and I thought it was just one childish song... LOL. Wikipedia says that "they settled on the name Meat Puppets in June, 1980 after a song by Curt of the same name which appears on their first album, the title of which was derived from a cartoon by B. Kliban."

The band's second album is "Meat Puppets II", 1984. According (again) to Wikipedia "the final track 'The Whistling Song' was taken as the title of Stephen Beachy's first novel."

And this is it.


It's a shadow in the doorThe silver in the park
It's a broken faded bird
You've learned to call your heart
It's hotter than you can seek
Plainer than you or me
I don't pull the lock back
And I dont have the key

It's a poor living room
Just above the dock
Wish those wild hens there
Feathers drip from every corner
It shows the spectacle of falling
And settles to the floor
It shows the spectacle of falling
and settles to the floor


No comments:

Post a Comment