Saturday, November 20, 2010

Work Song; Fallulah

I AM IN LOVE!

With this girl! Her name is Maria Apetri, she is Danish, 25 years old +-, has pretty electrifying eyes, an amazing and strong voice and performs under the codename Fallulah.


I found an article about her in the weblog Aurgarm, whoise motto is “your favorite music you've never heard”. I played “Only Human” and was overrun by a frenzy! The article says, among other things, that “‘The Black Cat Neighbourhood’ (2010) offers quirky melodies and somewhat dark, richly layered soundscapes comparable to the British diva invasion, she adds a rather unique touch of Balkan folk to her sound. The Black Cat Neighbourhood displays Fallulah’s strong songwriting skills, rich instrumentation that includes everything from folky strings, ukulele and glockenspiel to irresistible whistling and hand-claps along her expressive, distinct vocals”.

In British MTV we can find more good review about her: “Fallulah creates popmusic with finesse, integrity and a fiery, hot-tempered feel of Central Europe. Her songs defy genres and contain subtle elements of classic pop, rock’n’roll, indie, balkan, jazz and r&b. They are energetic and highly physical, which is reflected live, when Fallulah is backed by a tight quartet that plays with a teenth-grinding, feet-stomping bluesy rawness.”

You can play the lottery
I can use my hands for praying
I’m not sure what I believe
But we’ve got a lot of paying to do
Working in this tired row
Only thing we’ve got in common
Buy me out so I can go
I believe I’m made for something

Every day’s a battle to get up
Every day I put on a smile
And everyday it wears off
Every day I feel like telling the same people to shut up
Oh, it’s so tough to love
With no love

I feel so misunderstood
I guess that it’s my curse in life
Hope that I can do some good
With all the tears I’ve never cried
Could you hold my heavy heart?
Could you make it better soon?
Promise not to let it drop
I don’t think I’ll get a new




No comments:

Post a Comment