Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Was Kaiser Bill’s Batman; Whistling Jack Smith

I Was Kaiser Bill’s Batman” was a hit single in 1967 composed by Roger Cook and Roger Greenaway. It was a novelty record, being performed mostly by whistling. This was credited to Whistling Jack Smith and Billy Moeller appeared under this name, though the whistling was really performed by John O'Neill, provided as a session musician by The Mike Sammes Singers.¹

So everybody thinks that this Whistling Jack Smith (the guy in the picture) is the whistler but HE IS NOT! Billy Moeller just dub the real whistler, who trully is John O'Neill. Have a look in the video to see Moeller’s false beak blowing only wind while he does his hypocrite dance!

This John O’Neill had already appeared here. I talked about him in “The Good, the Ugly and the Bad by Ennio Morricone”’s post. But I cannot find his photography anywhere. Well, at least, I unmasked the impostor! >D




No comments:

Post a Comment